Friday, June 22, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Madison's first bike ride It seems as if I have forgotten about this blog. My last post was nearly two years ago. It's amazing how much has happened since then. I got married in August of 2010, got a job with the DLI (yes, again) in August of 2011, and had a baby girl, Madison, in October of 2011. Yes, I named my daughter after the velodrome race because of my love of riding in ovals.

I have also acquired and rid myself of several bikes and frames. Just last week I sold my Colnago CLX frameset to a friend and GTR teammate. He's as giddy as a schoolgirl researching and buying parts for it. When he has everything I will be building it with him to teach him how everything works. He is a good rider and has a killer S-Works Tarmac, but has never built a bike from the ground up. I'm pretty sure he doesn't do any work on his own bikes based on the state of gnarlyness of his CX bike that I recently tuned up. I am now riding a Chinese open mold frame from Flyxii and am really enjoying it. It is simple with clean lines and looks great.
Flyxi FR-303

However, Bike Hugger recently posted about the return of the GT Edge Ti road bike and I'm smitten. It takes me back to the days when I started riding (holy crap, that was twenty years ago), often out of Cycle Masters in Turlock with guys on the steel Edge frames. I don't think I will be able to resist the temptation of that frame. We shall see. I have been riding more recently now that I'm getting the hang of having a mini-me in the house (which is awesome). Maybe I can justify the mythical beauty that is titanium with some more saddle time.
2013 GT Edge Ti (Courtesy Bike Hugger)
Image from Bike Hugger

No comments: