Thursday, April 04, 2013

Crispy Peep

As most of my friends and family know, I love Peeps.  Not my peeps, as in my homies, but the tasty, squishy, sugary marshmallow treats.  My parents came to visit last weekend for Easter, and naturally my Mom brought me a Peep treat.  No proper Easter is complete without Peeps.  To my surprise, it was a new one I hadn't seen yet.  It was labeled as a "Crispy Rice Marshmallow Treat" and I assumed it would be similar to a Rice Krispies Treat.  It was similar, but not nearly as good as the Rice Krispies Treats I make with Fruity Pebbles.  The surprising bit was not the bright blue color, but the bright little purple, yellow, and pink sugar bunnies on top.  Nice touch, Peeps.  The crispy rice was not so crispy, and it lacked a bit of flavor.  However, I gladly gobbled it up and the sugar has helped to keep me going this morning.  I can't say that I would purchase one as a snack, but am glad to see that they are experimenting with new ways to expand the Peep line.  Best of all, no trans fat or cholesterol!  It must be a healthy snack, right?  Yum.


No comments: