Monday, July 02, 2012

Tater Tot

Last night I was poking around on the Bell Sports website looking at children's helmets for Madison. I checked the size recommendations for the XS helmet, grabbed a measuring tape, and wrapped it around the kid's head (much to her confusion). I was surprised to find that her noggin is big enough at eight months to fit into the helmet. With a giant grin, I immediately ordered a Tater from Bob's Bicycles in Boise (nice alliteration, eh?) in the teal/magenta hearts pattern. Stoked.
I now have to decide which bike I want to use as the hauler for the trailer and/or the iBert I will purchase soon. The only problem is that the iBert requires at least 3/4" of space along the steer tube under the stem for the clamp. My bikes are all set up with much less space than that, so I might have to do some sort of conversion shenanigans to make it work.

As for the Tater, I will post my impressions once it arrives and I strap it to her giant noggin.

No comments: